Your account balance is what drives your prepaid service. Fido notifies you free of charge when you have a low or insufficient balance.
Insufficient balance impacts
Things to Know
- Different fees are taken from your account on their respective anniversary dates. Fees associated with your plan are always taken first, followed by fees for any add-ons and 9-1-1 fees (provincial and non-government).
- Any usage done outside of what is included in your plan or add-ons will incur a pay-per-use charge deducted from your remaining account balance.
- If you don’t have enough funds in your account balance to cover the cost of pay-per-use charges, you will not be able to use your phone for any pay-per-use activity except for 911 and emergency calls.
- If you don’t refill your account before your anniversary date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls.
- However, you can restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days after your anniversary date. See how to verify your anniversary date.
- Never worry about low or insufficient balance with Auto Refill.
What happens when you have a low balance (all plan types):
|Approaching your anniversary date
What happens if you don't have enough balance in your account to complete a transaction:
|Insufficient balance (all plans)
|Failed daily/monthly service fee (all plans)
|Add-ons (daily/monthly plan)
|Making or receiving a call
|Sending a text message
|Receiving a text message