- With a prepaid By the Month plan, you’re paying for your service in advance, regardless of whether or not you use up all of the talk, text or data features in your plan. Prepaid refills are non-refundable regardless of the method of payment.
- With a prepaid By the Day or By the Minute plan, you’re paying for when you use the service. As long as you refill a minimum of $10 every month, your unused balance will carry over to the following month.
How Prepaid Plans work
Choose a plan type that works for you:
Fill up your account balance to start using your phone:
- For information on how to refill your account, click here.
- Voucher is one method of refilling. Different voucher amounts have different expiry dates (vouchers can be used with any plan type and can be applied by phone or online):
*Provides access to the network for up to the number of days shown from the date that the amount has been added to the account. If you don’t refill your account before your anniversary date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls. However, you can restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days after your anniversary date.
Top up before your anniversary date
- Your anniversary date is on the same calendar day each month and is based on the date you first activate your plan/SIM. If your original anniversary date is on the 29th, 30th or 31st and that day does not appear in a particular month (e.g. February, which in non-leap years has 28 days), then your anniversary date will be on the last calendar day of that month instead (in this example, February 28). This calendar day will become your new anniversary date going forward (March 28 and so on).
- For more information on anniversary dates, click here.
- Your unused balance will remain active and carries over into the next month so long as you continue to refill your account with a minimum of $10 a month every 30 days, before your next anniversary date. If you don’t refill your account before your anniversary date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls. However, you can restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days after your anniversary date, as we understand life can get busy.
- Fido will send you a text message when your anniversary date is approaching or your balance is low in order to remind you to refill.
- Every time you refill your account, you'll get a text message confirming your refill amount and your current balance.