Downloads: Ringtones, Games and Images
See Monthly service
Personalize your phone with the latest ringtones, wallpapers and games. Click here. to download.
Things to Know
- You must have sufficient funds to be able to purchase content.
- Validate that your phone is compatible with the type of download you want.
- Downloadable content is always sent via mobile internet or Wi-Fi (when connected) to your phone.
- Downloaded content is saved on your phone. You may not be able to transfer it if you decide to change your phone.
- Charges will apply when you buy content. You’ll receive a text message to confirm the transaction once your purchase is completed.
- If you don’t receive the content you requested, you won’t be billed for it. You can try to download it again.
- Fido doesn’t support the content you purchase and isn’t responsible for the content itself.
How to use Downloads: Ringtones, Games and Images
Purchasing content from your phone
Buying content for your phone from a computer
- Open your phone internet browser and go to fido.ca.
- Go to Shop > Add-Ons > Apps & Downloads.
- Select a category of content and follow the instructions.
Regular phones (and certain Smartphones)
- Open the internet browser from the main menu on your Fido phone.
- Select the SHOP link from your mobile Internet home page, then select the type of content you want to purchase.
- Once you’ve found the item you want to purchase, click on the Download or Purchase link.
- Go to the fido.ca.
- From the Apps & Downloads page, select a download category (i.e. Games).
- Use the search tool to find specific content and press Enter to submit your request.
- (For Ringtones only) Click on the speaker sign next to the title of the song you requested in the Track Name column to hear a preview.
- Once you’ve made your choice, click on the arrow to continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download to your phone.
In Canada on the Fido network:
Outside of the Fido network in Canada, in the U.S. or Internationally:
- You can purchase and download content anywhere in the world where there is a network supporting data usage.
- Make sure to review the data roaming cost before you download any content. See our data transmission rates while traveling.
Reasons why you can’t use MP3 files as ringtones:
- Any MP3 format file not purchased directly from Fido or through a legitimate website can’t be used as a ringtone.
- Ringtones are considered public performances. Purchasing a CD or a song for an MP3 player doesn’t give the buyer the right to use it for a public performance, which includes ringtones.
- Any MP3 file used as a ringtone must include digital rights management (DRM), meaning that it was purchased from a legitimate source.