We’re always trying to make our network better for you! So if you see us doing maintenance work in your neighbourhood, here’s what you can expect.
Why is this network maintenance happening?
We’re committed to delivering exceptional service to our customers, and we’ve identified an opportunity to improve our network’s quality in your area. This could include:
- Checking power supplies
- Updating backup batteries
- Eliminating signal interruptions
- Other maintenance work
When we’re done in your area, you should notice improvements to the overall quality and performance of your Fido service(s).
Will the maintenance activities impact my services?
- While our crew is working in your area, you may experience intermittent interruptions of your services between 8am and 5pm.
- On average, these interruptions can last 5 to 10 minutes at a time, and your services should restore automatically.
- Our crew(s) will work as quickly as possible to minimize any impact to your day, but the work may take up to 5 days.
Will you need to access my property during these network maintenance activities?
In most cases, we won’t need access to your property. Most work is completed on municipal property with the city’s permission. Should we require access to private property like your yard, our technicians will ask for your consent before entering.
Will you notify me once the work is complete?
Of course! Just contact our Technical Support team and you’ll be able to choose whether you wish to be notified by phone or text message once service is restored.
Will my services reboot automatically?
In most cases, your services will restore automatically. But if you’re still experiencing issues, try restarting your equipment. You can find restart instructions for your equipment below:
If this still doesn’t work, contact our Technical Support team to get assistance.