Mobile Internet and Data on a Smartphone
See Monthly service
Smartphones offer the possibility to browse the Internet, use applications and provide instant access to emails and social networking Web sites. In order to use your smartphone at its full capacity, you will need to have a Data Add-on in your account. Learn more about the Data Add-ons available for your smartphone and how much they cost.
Things to Know
- While in Canada, if you do not have a Data Add-on or if the one you have is not compatible with the smartphone you are using, you will be prompted to choose the appropriate Data Add-on.
- If you are not sure which Data Add-on you require, we can estimate your usage.
- Tethering is not available on Prepaid service.
For support and help on your device, see your User Guide.
Learn more about the different tools available to track your usage.
How to use Mobile Internet and Data on a Smartphone
Using Mobile Internet and Data while travelling
Various applications can be installed on your smartphone, for free or for a cost. Applications are available in different locations, depending on your device:
In Canada on the Fido network:
- The service is available anywhere on the Fido network but will vary based on your device network compatibility.
- Usage is deducted from your regular Data Add-on.
In the U.S. or internationally:
- The service is available anywhere in the world where there is a network supporting mobile internet.
- Data roaming service is available with Roaming Data Passes. Please, consult Prepaid Rates & Services to learn more about rates and applicable destinations.