See Prepaid service
Voice Messaging allows a person who calls you to record a message when you’re unavailable to answer.
Learn what Enhanced Voice Messaging is and how much it costs.
Learn what Voicemail is and how much it costs.
Things to Know
- Ring time before Voice Messaging answers is between 20 and 25 seconds (4 to 5 rings). This can’t be changed.
- Is a service that allows you to receive up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length and you can save each one for up to 3 days
How to use Voice Messaging
First time set-up
To listen to your voice messages
Press and hold the "1" key on your phone for a few seconds.
The first time you access your Voice Messaging service you'll be prompted to create:
- Your own personal access code
- A personal greeting and a recording of your name.
To listen to your voice messages from a different phone
- Press and hold the “1” key on your Fido phone. You'll be prompted to enter your access code.
Shortcuts you can use to manage your messages during or after message playback
- Call your Fido number and press # during the greeting, then enter your access code, followed by the # key.
Storage rules for Voice Messaging
Shortcuts during playback:
- 1 = go back eight seconds
2 = pause/continue
3 = go forward eight seconds
11 = return to the beginning of the message
33 = go to the end of the message
77 = quick erase
Shortcuts after playback:
- 5 = caller's number/time and date of call
7 = erase message
9 = save message
To skip the greeting when you leave a message for another Fido number
Enhanced Voice Messaging
|Number of messages
||Up to 35
Length of message
5 minutes each
||10 days from the day you received the message.
(After this period, it will be automatically deleted).
||10 days from the day you first saved the message.
(After this period, it can’t be saved again).
|Length of message
||Up to 3 minutes each
|Number of messages
||Up to 3 voice messages
|Storage of messages
||Up to 3 days
||A 60-second voice signature
|How to leave a message for Fido customers without calling them
- Simply press * when you hear the person’s greeting, then record your message after the beep.
Forgot your password?
Things to Know
- This functionality is only available to Enhanced Voice Messaging subscribers.
- Access your Voice Messaging.
- Enter your access code, then press #.
- Select option 2 to send.
- Enter the 10-digit phone number of the Fido customer you’re calling, then press #.
- At the tone, record your message, then press #.
- Choose to send your message immediately, or select a specific day and time.
Using your Voice Messaging while travelling
If you forget your password, you can reset it yourself by logging in to My Account, under My Fido service.
In Canada on the Fido network:
- You can use Voice Messaging anywhere on the Fido network.
- There is no charge for voice messages left on your voice mail.
- If you listen to your voice messages outside your local calling area, regular long distance rates will apply. See our long distance rates.
Outside of the Fido network in Canada:
- Regular roaming charges will apply. See our rates while travelling
In the U.S. or internationally:
- There is no charge for voice messages left on your voicemail.
- If you listen to your voice messages, regular roaming rates will apply. See our U.S. or International rates while traveling.
To access to your voice messages while abroad:
- Press and hold the "1" key on your phone.
- You'll be prompted to enter your access code.