Fido VoLTE (Voice over LTE) — Crisp HD calls that connect in the blink of an eye over the Fido 4G LTE network!
What is VoLTE?
VoLTE allows customers with a compatible device to make calls over our 4G LTE network. With VoLTE, you can:
- enjoy better audio between compatible phones.
- keep talking while browsing, streaming and using apps at 4G LTE speeds.
- experience seamless calls (no dropping!) when moving between our mobile network + Wi-Fi.
- take advantage of better coverage and connectivity – faster call connections in more places as we enhance our 4G LTE network.
What are the requirements to use VoLTE?
- You need to be a Fido post-paid customer.
- Check your phone’s specifications to confirm it supports VoLTE.
- If you have an older LTE phone, you may need to update your device software.
- You need to have an LTE SIM card.
- If you brought your own device to Fido, you will need to confirm it is compatible with Fido’s network and supports VoLTE. You can call your device manufacturer to check if it is certified on our network. Some manufacturers have common device names but different model numbers specific to a country, each with unique technical specifications or software. Not all model numbers may be compatible with the Fido network or with our VoLTE service.
- If you have a 3G or 2G phone you will need to upgrade to an LTE or 5G phone that supports VoLTE.
- Most of our newer phones are VoLTE capable and automatically use the feature.
Some calling plans or services may not be compatible, for example if you have a voice only plan or a data block you may not be able to use VoLTE. If you’d like to remove any of these services from your account so you can have VoLTE up and running, just Contact Us to remove the conflicting services.
How much does VoLTE cost?
VoLTE calls are billed as a traditional voice call and are deducted from the minutes included in your plan. On select Android devices, you can also use ViLTE (Video over LTE) to make video calls; these calls are billed the same as a traditional voice call and do not use data from your data bucket.
When roaming abroad, voice calls will be charged according to your roaming plan. Please visit fido.ca/travel for more information.