A personal hotspot is a great way to share your iPhone’s internet connection with your friends or with your home computer or tablet when there’s no access to Wi-Fi.
Set up a personal hotspot on iPhone
Setting up a hotspot
First, keep in mind: The hotspot feature uses data from your Fido Mobile plan when turned on. In some cases, it may use up data even faster. Depending on your plan, overage charges or reduced speeds may apply.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Networks.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
- Toggle Personal Hotspot on.
iOS 6 or later
- Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot
- Or tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot
- Toggle Personal Hotspot on (called Allow Others to Join on some iOS versions).
Connecting to a hotspot
- Open the Wi-Fi options on the device or computer connecting to the iPhone.
- Choose the name of the iPhone you’d like connect to.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted.
- Pair the iPhone with your computer.
- On the iPhone, tap Pair or enter the code displayed on your computer.
- Connect to the iPhone from your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Choose iPhone from the list of network services in your settings.