- A iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR with iOS 12.1 or later
- The eSIM card you were provided when Fido activated your line
- An active cellular data or Wi-Fi connection
Note: If you have an eSIM only iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro model, during set up you can choose to activate your eSIM without a WiFi connection.
eSIM on Device Setup for iPhone
What do I need to complete the eSIM on device setup for my iPhone?
How do I complete the eSIM on device setup for my iPhone?
- Go to Settings > Cellular
- Tap Add Cellular Plan
- Use your iPhone to scan the QR code on the eSIM card
What do I do if my eSIM card is not scanning or unrecognized?
Although a prompt exists for you to enter details manually, you cannot manually enter the eSIM configuration. If you are having trouble scanning your eSIM card, please try the following:
- Ensure you have an active data connection on your iPhone; if the eSIM is the only line being activated, please connect to a Wi-Fi network with an active Internet connection in order to complete activation.
- Ensure that nothing is blocking or covering the camera lens, and that the full QR code is in the viewfinder of the camera.
- If you still can’t scan the eSIM, visit a Fido store for help.
For more information on how to use eSIM with an iPhone, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044.