Activate band steering on your Fido modem so that it automatically, seamlessly connects your devices between your two home WiFi networks (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) to ensure you’re connected to the optimal network throughout the day. Learn more about band steering here.
How to activate band steering on your Fido modem
The following Fido modems are band steering enabled:
• Hitron CGN3AMF
• Hitron CODA-4582U
- Open a web browser on a device connected to your home WiFi network.
- Visit http://192.168.0.1.
- Sign in using the following credentials:
- Username: cusadmin
- Password: password (or the WiFi password you used to set up your modem
- Note: If you have trouble signing in, try rebooting your modem or contacting us for assistance
- Select Wireless.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Enabled next to “Band steering.”
- Note: To disable band steering, select Disable.
- Select Save Changes to confirm. You will now see only one home WiFi network, named after the 2.4 GHz frequency.