If you are using a mobile phone that you have purchased outside of Canada or from a different carrier, you should be able to use it with Fido as long as it is “unlocked”.
How to configure an unlocked device
Things to Know
- Your device must support at least one of our network frequencies to be compatible with the Fido network.
- At this time, Fido does not offer access to a 5G network. However, 5G-ready devices are compatible with Fido’s existing mobile network.
- Our network availability varies by frequency. Devices that support more frequencies, both within a network technology and across different network generations, will have access to more wireless coverage.
- Also, keep in mind that some services (such as Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE) might not be compatible with all devices purchased elsewhere even if they have the right frequencies to connect to our network.
- Our network supports the following frequencies:
1700/2100 MHz (AWS)