This feature notifies you with an alert tone when another call is received while you are already on a call.
Things to Know
- Airtime usage or long distance charges may apply.
- i.e.: Accepting a waiting call will incur regular airtime from your plan. If you are outside your local area, long distances charges will apply as well.
- There is a different alert tone for long-distance incoming calls.
- Your phone will allow you to switch back and forth between calls or to merge/join both calls.
- If you decide not to answer the waiting call, the call will be redirected to your voice messaging (if any).
Using Call Waiting, if you are on a call
As soon as you hear the alert tone, accept or answer from your phone.
- As each phone menu can be different, consult your phone's user guide for assistance.
How to enable, disable or checking the call waiting status
On your phone:
As each phone menu can be different, consult your phone's user guide for assistance.
|Using short codes:
|Activate||Dial *43#, then press Send (or Talk).|
|Disable||Dial #43#, then press Send (or Talk).|
|Verify status||Dial *#43#, then press Send (or Talk).|