It’s easy to create a temporary guest network using your Fido modem.
How do I create a guest network?
- Connect to your modem via Ethernet or your home Wi-Fi network. For Wi-Fi, if you are setting up for the first time or you have reset your Fido modem, you can use Fido Easy Connector if you prefer, the default network names (SSIDs) and passwords are printed on the label on your modem.
- Launch a web browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 to access your modem settings:
- Username: cusadmin (default)
- Password: password (This is the default — if you used Fido Easy Connect previously the password here will be the same as your Wi-Fi network password.)
- From the main menu for your modem’s settings, select Wireless from the top navigation.
- Select the Guest Network tab. From this screen you can turn guest network on, choose a guest network name and password, as well as set the maximum number of users/devices that can connect to your guest network.
- Click Save Changes.