Here are our tips to help protect your computer and devices against viruses, hacking, malware and other cyber threats.
- Use and maintain anti-virus software. This software recognizes and protects your devices against known viruses. It’s important to keep your anti-virus software up to date.
- Change your passwords regularly. Make sure your passwords are complex and impossible to guess.
- Keep your operating system and application software up to date. Install software upgrades to prevent attackers from exploiting known vulnerabilities in your system.
- Don’t download attachments or click links from unfamiliar or suspicious email addresses. This is one of the most common ways computers and devices get infected with malware.
- Use a firewall.
- Don’t visit websites that are known distributors of malware. You can also check sites like VirusTotal for risk scores before visiting websites you’re unsure of.