Offers and pricing subject to change without notice.
Tab24 corresponds to the Fido Agreement described in your agreement.
+ On the Fido network. Coverage not available in certain areas of Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories. Domestic roaming charges apply when outside the Fido network within Canada. Visit fido.ca/roamingcanada for full details and applicable domestic roaming rates.
1. Standard plans available monthly or with a 2-year Tab24 agreement.
2. Smart and Max plans available with a 2-year Tab24 agreement.
3. Airtime includes calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only, billed by the minute. Each additional minute costs 45¢ (20¢ for Call Forwarding).
4. Visit fido.ca/roaming to learn more about data roaming pay-per-use rates.
5. Additional data in $5 or $10 increments (as indicated). Data overage protection feature will prevent overage fees over $50, unless you choose to continue incurring charges.
6. Offer available to customers who bring in an unlocked phone with new activation of Fido service on any in-market Standard plan. Credit of 10% applied each month, before taxes and applies only to monthly service fee of plan.
7. Weeknights from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m.
8. Includes messages sent from Canada on the Fido network to email addresses or Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers. Sent/received premium messages (alerts, messages related to content and promotions) and messages sent while roaming not included and charged at applicable rates.
9. Compatible phone required; not all numbers can be identified.
10. Service includes up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days.
Applies to all Plans: Additional airtime, long distance, roaming, data, add-ons, provincial 9-1-1 fees (if applicable) and taxes are extra and billed monthly. The following monthly government 9-1-1 fees apply: 62¢ in Saskatchewan, 40¢ in Québec, 43¢ in Nova Scotia, 53¢ in New Brunswick, 70¢ in Prince Edward Island, 44¢ in Alberta and 75¢ in Newfoundland and Labrador (effective January 1, 2015). No airtime charges apply to calls made to 9-1-1 from your Fido phone.
Device Savings Recovery Fee (applicable to Term Services only).
A Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF) applies if you were given an economic inducement when you agreed to your new term, and if, for any reason, your service or your new term is terminated prior to the end of the term of your Agreement (Fido Agreement Term). The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes).
In other words, DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.
Price Plan Downgrade Fee. If, for any reason, you downgrade to a lower tier plan category during your term, then you will be charged a one-time price plan downgrade fee as set out in your service agreement.
For information on provincial 9-1-1 fees, visit fido.ca/911. Subject to the Fido Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy, available at fido.ca/terms.