How to upgrade your phone
Fido offers you many options when upgrading your phone:
- You may sign up for a new agreement or renew your current agreement to take advantage of the lowest prices on phones, based on your current price plan category, or
- You may upgrade to a new phone at the no Fido agreement price without signing up for a new agreement.
You may also use your FidoDOLLARSTM towards the cost of a phone when you upgrade as well as trade-in your old device to get additional rebates on your new phone (only available in participating stores).
Phone upgrade with a 2-year Tab24 agreement discount
Things to Know
- A one-time Hardware Upgrade Administration Fee of $25 applies to all phone upgrades, with or without a new Fido agreement.
Phone upgrade with FidoDOLLARS
Fido allows you to upgrade your phone at any time during your agreement. All you need to do is pay off your Tab24/Tab36 balance and renew your agreement to take advantage of discounted prices on phones.
To check your agreement end date, consult My Account under the My Fido Service section.
For more information on Tab24, click here.
To upgrade your phone
You may redeem your FidoDOLLARS towards the cost of a phone when you upgrade. Your FidoDOLLARS balance can be found on My Account or your monthly bill. The FidoDOLLARS amount will be applied towards the final price of the phone after taxes.
How to Reserve a phone
- By calling Customer Service: Dial 6-1-1, free of charge, from a Fido phone or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone.
- Chat : access the Fido Live Chat service by simply logging into My Account.
- In Store: Visit the nearest Fido store location.
You need a new phone? You can upgrade your phone and use your FidoDOLLARS toward the final price of the phone.
Things to Know
- The FidoDOLLARS will be applied towards the final price after taxes of your new phone.If you order the phone by calling Customer Service, you will be required to pay the balance of the phone by credit card or to pay cash on delivery upon reception.
Consult your FidoDOLLARS balance on My Account under the Fido Rewards section. The FidoDOLLARS amount will be applied towards the final price of the phone after taxes.
- i.e.: A phone costs $70 + taxes = 76.50$ - $50 FidoDOLLARS = $26.50 remaining balance to pay.
To upgrade your phone
- By calling Customer Service: Dial 6-1-1, free of charge, from a Fido phone or 1-888-482-3436 from any other phone.
- Fido Store: Visit the nearest Fido store location.
See full details
Redemption of available FidoDOLLARS. FidoREWARDS program participants can redeem their available FidoDOLLARS on fido.ca/rewards, in certain Fido stores or by calling 1 888 481-FIDO (3436). The FidoDOLLARS available can only be used toward the purchase of Fido phones (other than smartphones, unless a participant subscribes to a Data option with a commitment period or to prepaid service) laptop internet devices (with a subscription to a Data option with a commitment period) or the option services identified at s. 1, in each case, from among those available at the time of FidoDOLLARS redemption, or toward $20 increments of prepaid airtime. Each FidoDOLLARS corresponds to one (1) dollar applicable to the regular price in effect at the time of FidoDOLLARS redemption, including applicable taxes, except for taxes applicable to option services which cannot be paid using FidoDOLLARS. FidoDOLLARS have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash. FidoDOLLARS can only be used in accordance with the present terms and conditions and participants cannot sell, buy, give, transfer or otherwise dispose of their FidoDOLLARS without Fido's prior written consent. Only the account holder or any authorized user designated by the account holder may redeem available FidoDOLLARS or otherwise manage the FidoDOLLARS associated with that account. Fido may validate the identity of any account holder or authorized user before allowing them to redeem any FidoDOLLARS.
Applies to all Plans: Additional airtime, long distance, roaming, data, add-ons, provincial 9-1-1 fees (if applicable) and taxes are extra and billed monthly.
Device Savings Recovery Fee (applicable to Term Services only).
A Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF) applies if you were given an economic inducement when you agreed to your new term, and if, for any reason, your service or your new term is terminated prior to the end of the term of your Agreement (Fido Agreement Term). The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes).
In other words, DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.
Price Plan Downgrade Fee. If, for any reason, you downgrade to a lower tier plan category during your term, then you will be charged a one-time price plan downgrade fee as set out in your service agreement.