How to unlock a Fido device
If you have purchased a Fido device from us, you will be able to unlock it directly with Fido. This will allow you to use your device anywhere in the world where a carrier offers a service compatible with your device.
How to unlock my Fido device
Things to Know
- To unlock your device, your account must be in good standing and must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- If you received a rebate associated with a Fido agreement on your Fido device, that device must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
- If you personally purchased your device from Fido and did not receive any rebate on it, then it must be registered in your account.
- If you purchased your device from a third party, it must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
- A $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) applies. It will appear on your next invoice or will be deducted from your Prepaid balance.
- Unlocking your device via Fido will not void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Only Fido devices can be unlocked by Fido. If you have an unlocked device from another carrier, see how to configure it to work with Fido.
- Unlocking your device will not terminate your Fido service or Fido Agreement, all aspects of your service remain unchanged.
Dial 6-1-1, free of charge, from a Fido phone or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone