Add Voice Messaging to your account
Although it’s included, you have the choice whether to use it or not. To add Voice Messaging to your account
- Call 611, free of charge, from your Fido and select options 2-3-1 OR
- You can do it right here by logging into My Account
How to set up your Voice Messaging service
- 1Press and hold the “1” key
- 2The first time you access your Voice Messaging service you'll be prompted to create your own personal access code followed by the # key. The access code can be between 4 and 10 digits long. You will also be prompted to create a personal greeting and record your name.
For your security, please change your default access code once your Voice Messaging service is set up – remember to avoid easy codes such as 1234.
How to access your voice messages
- 1From your Fido: Press and hold the "1" key and you’re automatically connected to your voice mailbox. Enter your access code when prompted.
- 2From a landline: Call your 10-digit Fido number and press # during the greeting. Enter your access code when prompted, followed by the # key.
For more detailed instructions, watch our how-to video.
Short cuts to manage your messages
Voice messages can be kept for a maximum of 5 days. On the sixth day you will have the option to save them for another 5 days, after which time they will be deleted. You may store up to 10 messages in your inbox at any one time. Should you exceed this limit, you’ll be asked to delete saved messages so that you can receive new ones.
Airtime and long distance charges may apply.