Mobile Internet on a phone
See Monthly service
Mobile phones offer the possibility to browse the Internet, use applications and provide instant access to social networking Web sites. In order to use your mobile phone at its full capacity, you will need to have a mobile browsing option or a Data Add-on in your account. Learn more about the Data Add-ons available for your mobile phone and how much they cost.
Things to Know
- While in Canada, if you do not have a mobile browsing add-on or if the one you have is not compatible with the mobile phone you are using, you will be prompted to choose an appropriate Data Add-on.
- Tethering is not available on Prepaid service.
- If you are not sure which Data Add-on you require, we can estimate your usage.
For support and help on your device, see your User Guide.
Learn more about different tools available to track your usage.
How to use Mobile Internet on a phone
Fido Mobile Internet Portal
Using Mobile Internet and Data while Traveling
Your free gateway to the mobile Internet, to a ton of downloadable content and on-the-go management of your Fido account. Launch your Fido browser to download ringtones, access your usage with My Account and much more. Learn more about the Fido Mobile Internet Portal
How do I access the Fido Mobile Internet Portal?
In your phone menu, select the Internet icon or text the word HOME to code 4836 to receive a link to the portal.
In Canada on Fido's network:
- The service is available anywhere on the Fido network but will vary based on your device network compatibility.
- Usage is deducted from your regular Data Add-on.
While in the U.S. or internationally:
- The service is available anywhere in the world where there is a network supporting mobile internet.
- Data roaming service is available with Roaming Data Passes. Please, consult Prepaid Rates & Services to learn more about rates and applicable destinations