Extreme Text Messaging
See Monthly service
Extreme Text Messaging features let you manage your text messages just like emails: create distribution lists, personal signature or forward to another phone. Learn what Extreme Text Messaging is and how much it costs.
Before you start using Extreme Text Messaging, refer to the following set up instructions
For iPhone/Android devices:
- Go to www.fido.ca/m/etm to access the set up page.
For other smartphones and mobile phones:
- Text XTREME to 4716 to be sent a link to the set up page or open your mobile browser to access the Fido Mobile Internet Portal. Select My Account, then Extreme Text Messaging.
How to use Extreme Text Messaging
Set up an auto-reply message that will be automatically sent to all recipients that send you a message. Convenient for vacations or periods of unavailability.
- Select Auto-Reply.
- Enter the auto-reply message you wish to be sent to anyone that sends you a text message.
Block text messages from an unwanted source. Owners of the mobile numbers that you block will not be notified that you blocked their number.
- Select Blocker.
- Enter the 10 digit wireless number you would like to have blocked.
To remove a number from your block list, or to view the full list of numbers blocked:
- Select Text Blocker.
- Click the box to the left of the number, removing it from your list.
- Then hit Delete Selected Numbers.
Automatically send copies of your outgoing and incoming text messages to another wireless phone or an email address for safekeeping. That way you have a record of the chat in case you need to look up a detail or you've forgotten what was said.
- Select Copy.
- Enter the email address or number you want messages copied to.
Similar to call forwarding, with Extreme Text Messaging you can now automatically forward all text messages to another wireless phone number. Perfect, if you carry a business and a personal phone and only want to carry one with you for the weekend. Note you will not receive messages on the phone you are forwarding from until you turn off the feature.
- Select Forward.
- Enter the email address or number you want messages forwarded to.
Need to send one text to a group of people? Similar to email, Extreme Text Messaging lets you create distribution lists for groups you communicate with often, so you can quickly message everyone at once, rather than having to add each recipient to a message one by one each time you send a text.
- Select Distribution List.
- Create a name for the group.
- Enter the phone numbers of everyone you'd like to add to that list. You can add or remove contacts at any time and create up to 5 different lists, with each list having up to 20 contacts.
- Click Save, and you will be given a short code number that you can use to message to the distribution list. Then, the next time you want text that group, just enter the short code in the To field of the text message.
Tip: you can add a new contact to your phone to represent a distribution list and enter the distribution list short code as their phone number to easily send messages to the list in the future.
Personalize your texts by automatically adding a personal signature such as your nickname, job title or your favorite quote to each text you send.
- Select Personal Signature.
- In the onscreen box, type in your signature and then click Save Signature. You might want to keep it short as this signature will count towards the 160 character text messaging limit.
- Your signature can be edited or turned off by going back to the Personal Signature page and clicking either Edit or Turn off Signature.
See full details
If a Copy, Forward, Auto-Reply or Distribution List message is sent from Canada to an international phone number, standard international text messaging charges will apply. If a Copy, Forward, Auto-Reply or Distribution List message is sent while roaming, standard roaming text messaging charges will apply. Save with Text Messaging add-ons.