Fido MobileMail allows you to access your email if you have accounts with any of the following providers:
- MSN, Hotmail, Live
- Rogers Yahoo
- Any POP3 email account(ask your Internet Service provider if you’re not sure).
First of all, validate if MobileMail is compatible your Fido phone.
Learn what MobileMail is and how much does it cost.
How to use Fido MobileMail
Find MobileMail into your phone
To setup and access MobileMail
MobileMail is pre-loaded on most phones – check to see if it’s on your phone:
- Look for the MobileMail icon
in your main phone menu or in the Messaging or Games & Applications folder of your phone
If you can’t find MobileMail on your phone:
- Text EMAIL to 4853 to get MobileMail for FREE
- Follow the instructions that will appear on your Fido phone.
To send emails
- Click on the MobileMail icon (in your main phone menu or in the Messaging or Games & Applications folder)
- Select your e-mail provider from the list
- Sign in using your email account’s username & password to setup and start using MobileMail.
- You will see your Inbox, but you can also send and delete emails, change settings, etc.
- You can set up to 10 email accounts, and even set up accounts so your friends can access their email from your phone!
Watch the How to Videos
When email arrives
- Select ‘Options’ and then ‘Compose New’ on the main MobileMail menu.
- Enter the e-mail address of the recipient in the ‘To’ field.
- Type the address in
- OR select ‘Options’ and then ‘Insert’ to choose from recent email addresses you have used
- Next, enter the ‘Subject’ and type your message in the ‘Body’ field.
- When complete, select ‘Options’ and then ‘Send’.
To read emails
- You will receive a new mail notification within a few minutes of a new email arriving in your Inbox.
- You can start MobileMail and open your Inbox directly from the notification to read, reply to, forward or delete the new email.
- Disable new mail alerts if you don’t want to be notified when a new email arrives, such as during a meeting or class.
- Start MobileMail, select Options, and then choose Email Alerts
- You can enable or disable Email Alerts at any time
- If you have disabled Email Alerts, don’t forget to login to your MobileMail often to see if you have new email.
To delete emails
- From your Inbox, you can see the headers of your messages
- Select the message you want to read
To view attachments (documents, photos, videos etc.)
- From your Inbox, highlight the e-mail you would like to delete.
- Select Options, then Delete.
- Deleted items will be in your Trash or Deleted Items folder if you need to recover any e-mails you accidentally deleted.
- To permanently delete an email from the Trash folder, select Options and Delete.
Multiple e-mail accounts
- You cannot view attachments in MobileMail.
- A paperclip icon appears in an e-mail’s subject line to indicate it has attachments.
- Forward the email with attachments to an email account you can access from a computer to view the attachments.
Using MobileMail while travelling
- You can have up to 10 email accounts at no extra cost as long as the other e-mail accounts are with a supported e-mail provider.
- To add an e-mail account:
- Select the Add Account option on the main MobileMail menu.
- Enter the user ID and password of the new account when prompted.
- The next time you start MobileMail, the list of email accounts includes the new account
- Repeat these steps to add other email accounts to MobileMail. For each account added, you can enable or disable new mail alerts and enable the RememberPassword option to avoid re-entering its password every time you access the account.
In Canada on the Fido network:
While in the U.S. and Internationally:
- This service is available anywhere in the world where there is a network supporting mobile internet.
- See our U.S. or International rates while traveling.
Why am I getting a “Failed Login” error?
Why am I not getting any new email notifications?
This usually means you have mis-typed your ID or password
- Passwords are case-sensitive, so make sure you’re using the right mix of capital letters and lower-case letters
- A common mistake is to capitalize the first letter of the word (e.g. ‘Fido’ instead of ‘fido’)
Check you have the right user ID and password
Check that your IDs and passwords appear correctly in the Login screen
It may take up to 30 minutes from the time when an email arrives, to when you receive a notification.
Also, MSN notifications will not go through if you are signed into your account on MSN Messenger.
If you are not receiving any new e-mail notifications for an email account:
- Sign-in to that email account
- Select Options from the email account menu
- Then select Email Alerts
- Ensure the setting is enabled
See full details
All fees apply to messages read and sent using the read, compose, forward, reply and reply all features. Regular roaming data charges apply outside Canada in addition to monthly subscription fee and pay-per-use fees. Windows Live, Microsoft and MSN logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.