Mobile Internet using an Internet Device
Internet sticks and mobile hotspots enable high speed internet access anytime, anywhere on the Fido wireless network, plus offer roaming support around the world. Internet sticks are designed for computers and automatically install connection software once plugged into the USB port. Mobile hotspots are about the size of a deck of cards and create a password-protected hotspot for up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. You can connect your laptops, tablets, eReaders, music players, printers and more just as you would to any Wi-Fi hotspot. Browse the internet, view videos, share email and use any applications that require an Internet connection, without the hassle of wires or searching for public Wi-Fi. Learn more about the data plans available for your Internet device and how much they cost.
What can you get with one gigabyte?
- 1,000 emails (including some with photo attachments)
- 1,000 Web page views
- 75 songs downloaded on iTunesTM
- 90 minutes on YouTubeTM
If you are not sure what Data Add-on you require, we can estimate your usage for you.
Monitor my data usage
Using an Internet device while Traveling
By logging into My Account you will have access to your data usage. Note that the usage tracking displayed in the menus for your Internet device show approximate figures intended as helpful guidelines but are not accurate for billing purposes.
For support and help on your device, see your User guide.
In Canada on the Fido network:
- For Internet sticks and mobile hotspot devices, long distance rates and roaming rates do not apply for use across Canada on the Fido network.
- Usage is deducted from your regular plan.
- Outside of LTE coverage areas Fido LTE devices will seamlessly fallback to 4G HSPA+ or EDGE technologies.
In the U.S. or internationally:
- The service is available anywhere in the world where there is a network supporting mobile internet.
- Regular data roaming charges apply. Consult our U.S. or International rates and coverage while traveling.
- Fido LTE devices which support international roaming will enable connectivity on existing 4G HSPA+ or EDGE technologies as applicable for the region.